Thursday, December 15, 2005

Stanley "Tookie" Williams: A Polling Experiment!

I am trying something new. Instead of ranting about what I think of this, I am going to ask you what you think. I might do a followup blog or something. If you haven't been following the news, here's a quick synopsis of Stanley "Tookie" Williams. He was the co-founder of Cripps, the notoriously violent gang that has been responsible for countless murders since its birth. Tookie Williams recently got executed for the murder of 4 people--a crime that took place some 20-30 years ago that he has denied committing. During his incarceration, he was a vocal, and powerfully influential critic of gang violence. He had written several books on the topic, and had spoken to at-risk youth for years. He was also nominated 4 or 5 times for the Nobel Peace Prize by the Swedish legislators. If you had attended the Million More March in DC this past summer as I did, you would have seen black celebrities and activists vocally opposing his execution, and advocating for a pardon. I wanna know what you think. So lets pretend it's a week before his execution, and you are the Governor, reading over his clemency hearing.
Sony's Blog Poll


What do you think of Stanley "Tookie" Williams' Execution?




He is guilty, Execute Him!
He is innocent, Pardon Him!
I don't know about his innocence/guilt, but I trust the system, Execute Him!
I don't know about his innocence/guilt, but I don't trust the system, Pardon Him!
I don't have an opinion on this, but I like to be asked anyway!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home