Thursday, May 11, 2006

I want to know NOW!!

It's driving me crazy. This waiting.

It is a little itch inside my brain that I cannot reach because it is buried under layers of grey matter and skull bone. I was supposed to find out on Wednesday where in India I might end up and more importantly, what exactly I might be doing. Wednesday was yesterday. Today is another day, and my email account still refuses to display any promisingly bold subject lines. My paranoid streak has started flaring up. And a part of me envisions all funding being pulled for the project--which would be strange indeed. But this is my brain and it likes to keep me on the edge. Impatience is manically clicking the "get new mail" button every two minutes and throwing your hands in the air each time because nothing new has popped up. What is it they say about boiling water? It shouldn't be watched or something? Meh.

Update: Got my placements, yay! It was beginning to drive me a little nuts:) I will probably be either in Bangalore or New Delhi.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard anything yet?

9:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Some advice on AIF, don't get your hopes up, don't get too excited, don't expect too much. They are never on time. You will probably get your plane ticket the week before you are supposed to leave. Your posting and/or assignment will probably not match what they said. Take extra money to settle on (between Rs. 10-20,000 should do). And feel free to write me if you have any other questions. And defintely call me when yo get to India!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Themadi said...

Thank you, Andy. I definitely will (give you a ring, and hopefully meet each other when I get to Bombay yay!:) You are totally right. I definitely remember your post on what you got out of the fellowship, and your time in India.

At any rate, I did hear from them, got my matches. And in the larger scheme of things, they weren't that late at all...2 days. On Friday, I immediately lost all of my neurosis and just forgot about it, and of course on Friday, got my placement choices. I'll do an update on my post. I guess it's true what they say about boiling water:)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

So glad to hear that options arrived. Where they anywhere what you were expecting? What choices did you get? If you have any questions about the NGOs you were given let me know, I may know them.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indians stink

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home