Monday, August 28, 2006

Two-more-days dreams

I woke up this morning and had the following, disconcertingly lucid thought--Two more days. It had a vaguely ominous ring. These are my dreams from last night--heavily censored, but the meat of it still intact. 

I tend to dream in small, episodic increments (hence the list)--sometimes relatedmore often not.

  • I am living with my cousin and we are shopping for okra at an outdoors market. I haggle my way to two huge bags of bhindi and green chillis. I take them home, to my refrigerator which is stuffed full of vegetables. Tomatoes are bleeding out to my kitchen floor. I am chewing on raw, glossy eggplants.

  • I am strolling down a hallway that's part of my high school. In fact, I'm back in high school. I'm in Mrs. Levanthal's 6th period, Spanish class and I have just decided to take a break. I am thinking about how much I love walking down emptied hallways & running my fingers over the locker doors. Banging down those little, round sundial locks. Twirling its knobs. Click-click-click.

It's the night's kaleidscope bending the broken, colored pieces of my life into her own floral, dreamy orderliness.  


 

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Andy said...

    Can't wait to see you in India! This I miss you talking about who you will working with?

    5:15 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home