Friday, March 10, 2006

The Cookie Dream


This morning, still dreaming--I had a powerful desire to bake cookies.

In my dreams, I am searching high and low for a good recipe in our archives of Cooking Light. I am asking all my roommates (who I imagine to be fabulous bakers) how to bake cookies. Desperate lunacy in my voice. Walnuts and Chocolate chips !! I am screaming. I picture the dough rising as the chocolate slowly melt and bubble into the batter and the walnuts turn tender, yet crispy. I tell myself that I can take the cookies to lunch with me.

I imagine their bumpy, serrated sweetness.

I come fully awake, and the desire to bake cookies flees. Quickly. "Why the hell would I bake cookies?, " I mutter out loud.

2 Comments:

Blogger munkey t cat said...

Walnuts are fucking nasty

12:11 AM  
Blogger Themadi said...

dude, whatever, walnuts rock

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home