Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'm Not Gonna Be Your Monkey

Crossfire with Jon Stewart

This is almost two years old, I think. But I had never seen this until now, I don't watch Crossfire (although I have been to a taping of their show).

One of the joys in my life is to watch Jon Stewart-- beautifully, articulately and with gratifying ease--hammer down partisan politics.

Watch how he exposes Tucker Carlson for the needling, insipid clown that he is. Note also how Jon Stewart becomes a "journalist", but then gets cramped back into "comedian" whenver it is convenient for whatever line the Crossfire boys are attempting to try out at the moment. It's fun to watch their confusion at a guest who won't just pick a left or a right and stick with it.

Click here to see Jon Stewart's reaction to his Crossfire appearance on the Daily Show.

Click here and here for more beautiful television making by the daily show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home